5 VEGETABLE ROASTING TIPS
If you like these tips…head on over to Cravebowl :)
1. SAME SIZE - No black nail polish or self expression of any kind. All vegetables need to be cut in uniform size and shape to bake evenly.
2. HIGH HEAT - Regardless of the vegetable, we get best results when we roast for about 30-45 minutes at 400-450 degrees. Sometimes we set off the fire alarm, and it’s always worth it.
3. SPREAD ‘EM - Crowding the vegetables won’t give them room to caramelize, and they’ll end up steaming each other instead of roasting. Rookie mistake.
4. PREPARE FOR SHRINKAGE - A pound of vegetables usually feeds 4 hungry hippos (people.) But things shrivel up when roasting, so cook double please.
5. PROTECT YOUR PAN - Or don’t. But if you choose not to line your pan with parchment paper or tin foil, just be ready for that pan to never look the same again. No matter how hard you scrub.