Sometimes I worry that I eat too many carrots. But then I’m like no, that’s impossible. And I start worrying about more important things like whether or not Chris Christie’s lap band surgery really does mean he’s running for President in 2016. I think it does.
Bringing it back to carrots real quick. I love them! And I love this carrot relish my mom makes. It’s slightly sweet and is an interesting alternative to to typical appetizer dips. Plus, you can eat it by itself if you’re not into crackers. And by not into crackers I mean not into eating like a normal person. Because everyone loves crackers and I know your games.
As much as I love all things carrot, you have to be extremely careful when telling my mom you like something. She specializes in taking things one step too far.
- 1 pound of baby carrots
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 cup pimientos
- 3 cups of water
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- Cut carrots into 1/2″ slices and bowl for 4-5 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Dice onion, pepper and pimientos, and mix with carrots in a large boil.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add sugar, salt and oregano.
- Turn off the heat and add vinegar.
- Pour mixture over vegetables and let cool.
- Let marinate and refrigerate in air-tight container.
Kaitlin & Mom