If you are going to the beach, a baby shower, or some kind of tea party, I can think of no better thing for you to make than cucumber sandwiches. These adorable bite-size sandwiches are light, refreshing, and you need to make them before summer is over.
VEGAN CUCUMBER DILL SANDWICHES
Makes about 20 mini sandwiches – Recipe adapted from Vegetable Gohan
- Loaf of white bread
- 1-2 cucumbers
- 1 package of soft tofu
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 T vinegar
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press the rim of a glass into the center of each slice of bread to make bread-circles.
- Slice cucumbers very thinly with a sharp knife.
- Blend tofu and remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Place a tablespoon of dill dip onto each bread circle and press a cucumber onto each one.
- Garnish with dill weed and serve.