I’ve been in New York for only a week and half, but it actually feels like I’ve been here much longer. Until I get on the subway. And then I have this uncontrollable need to get in everyone’s way, be awkward, and confirm with strangers that I’m going the right direction. Then it all seems very new again.
Roasted Thyme and Sage Harvest Vegetables
Recipe Adapted from A Spicy Perspective
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, with ends sliced off
- 1 butternut squash, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, coat vegetables evenly with oil and spices.
- Place on a foil-lined cookie tray and roast for 35 minutes.
And to end it on a happy note, here’s a few of my favorite captured moments so far. Live music, the NY Marathon, and those two guys from Craigslist, who did actually turn out to be very nice, making me an air-mattress bed.