I like being awake when nobody else is. It’s the only time when your time is really your own, because it would be unreasonable for anyone who’s still asleep to expect anything of you.
But 6:30 comes fast, and the rest of the world inevitably wakes up too.
VEGAN TOFU SCRAMBLE BREAKFAST BURRITO
Recipe Adapted from ION Restaurant
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
Optional ingredients to sub/add:
- black beans
- tempeh bacon
- vegan cheese
- black olives
- Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for two minutes.
- Add red pepper, mushrooms and tofu. Sautee for 5-6 more minutes, crumbling the tofu as you stir. Add spinach last.
- Stir in spices, remove from heat, and place filling in pre-warmed, whole wheat wraps.
- Serve with hot sauce and enjoy!
Here’s the video of ION Restaurant in Middletown, Connecticut.
Go visit and tell them I said hi!