Fantastic news. My dad is still a vegan! In case you missed it……I asked both of my parents to go vegan for one month as my birthday gift last year, and my dad has unexpectedly stuck with it for five months now.
Vegan Pesto Pizza
Recipe Adapted from CandiedViolet
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (or walnuts!)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast (not regular yeast. you will feel shame and regret if you ignore this tip.)
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves (or kale/arugula/ broccoli florets)
- 3 1/2 cups of your choice of flour
- 1 packet of yeast (regular yeast this time)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes – halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives – halved
- Crust instructions are here. I tried 3 different crusts before I found the perfect one, and EatLiveRun did a great tutorial on it!
- Combine all pesto ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto evenly on rolled out pizza crust and top with tomatoes and olives.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Top with lettuce/baby spinach and serve.